Tuesday, January 19, 2010

To pee or not to pee - and other things

I am sitting at my desk - I have to pee. NOW as a pregnant woman, this is not in any way uncommon. I visit the facilities at work at least 5 times a day if not more. The issue is that I have to travel across a small continent to GET to the bathroom. Anyone who works in an office setting knows that anytime you leave your desk, a giant flashing light appears above your head and anyone who has been looking for you will inevitably walk into your path and engage you in work-related conversations. Sometimes, these conversations even cause you to backtrack to your desk to obtain the answer. So my daily quandry is: How do I travel across the world to the bathroom without detection?

I have gone so far as to go back into the warehouse to walk across the building to come back into the office at the door by the bathrooms. This way, I only encounter those in shipping, assembly and manufacturing who don't know who I am and would prefer that I not make eye contact. The only issue is, this puts me a little out of my way, thus increasing the urgency to reach teh bathroom.

Bottom line: WHY can't there be a bathroom on THIS end of the building? Not to mention the fact that there are about 150 workers or more IN the building - most of whom, believe it or not, are female, and there are only 6 stalls...and you know, ladies, that there's always one stall that is off limits as some woman decided to eat 100 bean burritos for breakfast and leave the evidence for you to find - ew....(side note - why is it that public restroom always smell like old lady poo?)

SO that is my TMI for you for the day. I have to pee, and dread who will jump into my path along the way. During my first trimester when more came out my body from all areas, I was stopped on a jog to the bathroom by and IT guy, and I plainly said to him, "If you aren't bleeding, I need to use the facilities - now." He moved out of the way.

THAT said - wish me luck and off across the world I go!

No comments: